As Alice pointed out, I haven’t complained about the LIRR in a while. Well, ok, if the readers demand it…
Background: the LIRR got pretty nice new trains about 10 years ago but every once in a while, you get stuck with an old one, which feature such lovely amenities as….
1. Every seat held together with duct tape.
2. The stylish “wood” paneling.
3. The Seal of the State of New York wallpaper.
4. The short seat on the end. Enjoy your nap.
5. Not pictured: the lights and heat turning off every time there’s a gap in the third rail (which is often).
I guess it makes me grateful for my regular train. How about you, lovers and friends, what’s your public transportation like? I bet you’re riding in style.