It just occurred to me that anyone reading this blog, who doesn’t know me personally, might be under the misconception that I am a clean person, just because I criticize Daddy’s cleanliness. Well, I’m not. I try, but I encounter problems, such as:
- It doesn’t come naturally to me.
- I didn’t learn proper habits until college, and then I only did it begrudgingly under the guidance of the cleaning chart my roommate Peggy made out of a paper plate.
- I’m busy.
- When I’m not busy, I’m lazy.
- I spend a lot of time writing bullet point lists.
- I’m a type B person so I don’t really beat myself up for enjoying my weekends.
- I don’t hate myself. In fact, I like myself so much that I find my own faults endearing, as if I’m Liz Lemon or Old Christine.
Of course, on TV, even slobs have clean houses. I mean, we slovenly viewers don’t want to be forced to look at a house that looks just like ours….
Feel free to lend me your best cleaning excuses.