Lovers and friends of Back Home Blog, it’s all really happening for us now.
We (ok, I) have been nominated for, and therefore received (I guess that’s how blog awards work) an award…
To be honest, I don’t really know what the criteria for the Versatile Blogger Award is; apparently it can be anything. I guess that’s the versatile part. Anyway, I’m very honored.
I was nominated by Phil at The Regular Guy NYC (blog.theregularguynyc.com) which is exactly what it sounds like. Phil does it all: reviews restaurants, makes fun lists like the best speakeasies, shares embarrassing facts about his personal life, and even finds time to rant and rave about various things.
Now, just as with Miss America, this honor does not come without responsibility.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site. (check)
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post. (check)
- Nominate 7 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Share 7 random facts about you.
It was a tough choice, but here are my 7 nominees (and, therefore, recipients):
1. Cecile @ tryingtobeconscious
Formerly of Nice, New York, Zurich, and just recently of Christchurch, NZ. She’s also a journalism student and a brilliant writer.
2. Rhye @ 7SeasOfRhye
Left college to follow her high school sweetheart at age 18 and it actually worked out! Now a mother of 4 and multiple degree holder, living in the deep south.
3. Curly Carly @ That’s Just Ridiculous
Ah! 80′s flashback-tastic! Carly regales us with tales from her childhood.
Hilarious, fed-up mom and teacher.
5. Anita @ The Best Life
Made a resolution to see everything in her life as the best, and is actually doing it.
6. Anka @ Keeping It Real
Anka is a mom that tells it like it is, in a way that still manages to make you happy.
7. Tragic Sandwich
Toddlers. Am I right?
…Now back to me. Here are my 7 random facts:
1. I hate onions. Don’t even get me started.
2. In 6th grade I wrote a poem for D.A.R.E. and got selected to read it at graduation. I peaked early.
3. I enjoy an annual (or semiannual or triannual) cigar.
4. One time, Alice and I saw Clinton Kelly of TLC’s What Not To Wear at Mexican Bingo and he told me he liked my trousers.
5. I rarely use nail polish remover. I prefer to slowly chip my polish off.
6. I have a forever crush on John Mayer. Yes, I know what he did to poor [insert female celebrity name]. The heart wants what the heart wants.
7. Whitesnake’s “Here I Go Again” once got me through a tough day in college.
(email readers click to blog to see the video)
Now blast this and go do something fun! Happy Friday!