We are still staying at my mom’s for another week or two while Tom’s knee further recovers. This week, Mommy and her fiance, “Cutie”, went away on vacation, so obviously we’re throwing raging keggers.
And also, you know…
- Grocery shopping (it’s a lot more expensive when Cutie isn’t cooking for us every night!)
- Cooking (so far, I’ve made chili and that’s it.)
- Doing laundry (why couldn’t I do laundry with my mom there? who knows?)
- Making a mess (I’ll have to clean it up before Mommy comes back so I’m just screwing myself.)
- Scooping cat litter (ok so this was a request from my mom.)
Seriously though, as nice as it is having Cutie (or Daddy, when we’re at his house) to cook for us every night, I kind of miss our being on our own. I used to take the ferry home from work and walk through Williamsburg. I would turn on the AC and watch a sitcom while I cooled down and changed clothes. Then I would start on dinner* while I wrote until Tom got home. I never realized I was kind of living the dream.
Anyway, it’s nice to play house for a week but it also just makes me miss Brooklyn. One of these days… we will move out again. We will.
*My husband would want me to note that he cooked plenty (at times more than I did) but it’s just for that period of time, I got home several hours before he did.