One year ago today, I posted this…
This Sunday, some professional movers (see? I’m a grown up) are coming to take my husband’s and my stuff from our beloved Brooklyn apartment (“beloved” is too strong, but it’s ours) and move us to Huntington, Long Island.
In the words of Snooki (and probably baby Lorenzo) “wahhhh!”
After living not with my parents through college, business school, working… I’m moving back home. Why? To save money! (Surprise! Bet you thought I was doing it for fun!) Well actually, before I can save money, I have to pay off my credit card debt from the wedding and honeymoon. whoops.
My husband, Tom, and I are going to be staying with my dad because my mom’s house is too small and my mother-in-law’s house is too far from work. And, after all, moving in with her divorced dad in the house where her parents’ marriage fell apart is the dream for most new wives.
In case you can’t tell, I’m not super excited about this move. But it’s happening.
Won’t you join me in seeing how this drama unfolds?
I swear, the Snooki reference killed a year ago. Back then, my blog was located at mizzpc.com (because I thought “Ms. PC” was an awesome nickname that would totally catch on, but that I can’t fully commit to calling myself) and hosted on Blogger because I didn’t know the difference.
So, it’s been a year! Let’s take stock.
- Still living at home (although currently at my mom’s, despite that it’s still too small, because my dad has to do another round of cleaning before we move back, which he says will happen this weekend so probably next month unless he messes it up more before then). So yeah, that’s the same.
- Still broke but not as in the red as we were a year ago. Yay!
- Still married. Still like him. Yay!
- Come to think of it, still like my whole family, and everyone is happy and healthy. Yay! (Shades of Jessica.)
- This blog is still going! Do you know how many blogs make it a year? I have no idea, but I imagine it’s not a lot.
- I switched to self-hosting in January, which was a pain in the ass, but now it’s routine.
- While I’m still not a viral sensation, my blog is read by lots of my family and friends (new and old), whom I appreciate greatly for caring enough to follow my life. I have also made a few awesome blog connections and I love the awesome bloggy people that I have (virtually) met.
- My blog posts are really different than when I first started. I can’t really explain the difference. Either I’m running out of things to say, or my writing has gotten so much better that I am no longer satisfied with little updates about my futon. Let’s go with the latter.
- I am now an improv geek and it’s added so much to my life over the last 8 months.
- With improv, has come new friends.
- With new friends, came Amanda, which led to the writing and production of our web series Bocce Ballers. It’s been about 6 months that we’ve been working on this and there’s lots more on that to come (hint hint, get out your metaphorical checkbooks – yay crowdfunding!)
- I have still not figured out how to turn a profit on this stuff. Maybe next year?
All in all, it’s been a great year blogging with you, and there’s no end in sight (on my end). In reference to my pilot post, thank you for joining me to see how this drama unfolds. Hopefully there’s even more drama in the year to come.